Here you get a chance to see a little about Enigma, what makes us tick, and how we go about stuff.
Enigma is not only a guild, but also a vibrant community of gamers, with friendships that transcend the games we play. We are idealistic, passionate and generally cranky in the mornings before we have had coffee.
Taken as a whole we are from all walks of life and nationalities, we are tolerant and social, but we are also driven – to be the best that we can be at all times. Our guild credo is ‘Pro Bonus Dolus, Pro Palmo Ego’ – which roughly translates as ‘For the good of the guild, before the glory of self’. We expect to genuinely see this attitude in the day to day choices our members make.
Enigma is proud of its history, members and reputation.
It was back in early 2005 when Enigma first started to explore the strange lands of Azeroth, and since then time has marched on. Via the Jungles of Hyboria, the vast reaches of Norrath, the adventures of Middle-Earth,the Burning Seas and even the planet of Nexus we have ventured. Across a myriad of realms we have struck forth, conquered, reveled and probably got thoroughly lost.
In other words – we have been around the block and we are still here.
Our Recruitment Policy
We’re currently recruiting in The Secret World, where you might have stumbled upon us as the “Cthulu Lord of the Dance Backup Dancers”. If you’re coming in from there we have a short application and a little talk on TeamSpeak to make sure that you’ll fit right in with the craziness that is Enigma.
As we venture across other games, we always run across amazing and interesting people. If you’re reading this, you’re probably one who has caught our eye, or maybe you want to catch our eye. Regardless, you can fill out our application and we’ll set up an interview with you to make sure we are what you are looking for. If your puzzle piece fits our crooked puzzle of a guild, we’ll invite you in and then whoever vouched for you will become a mentor of sorts, helping you to learn the idiosyncrasies of our guild. After about 2 months, not only will you have a good idea if we’re the right fit for you, we’ll know if you’re the right fit for us as well and you’ll become an official Enigmate.
Our Rules and Guidelines
Enigma’s rules, whilst simple, are taken seriously. The core principles we use look like this:
- Don’t be an asshat. Ensure that you interact with the players, games, and community in a way that is positive.
- Treat everyone you encounter with respect, PvP is fine – harassment is not.
- Over 21 years old. There may be some exceptions, but this is our start point.
- Be on voice when online, be happy to use a microphone. This is a key element of our interactions together as a guild.
- No gold buying, exploits or violations of the spirit of the game.
Apart from those rules, here are some guidelines that will help you get along with the rest of Enigma:
- Be sociable on TS; that means saying hello and goodbye, and not immediately going of to your own channel or group. A small thing, but it makes a big difference.
- We do not discuss politics, religion and football in the main lobby channel. You are free to argue with people to your hearts content in any other channel though.
- Attend the monthly teamspeak guild meeting; this is a big part of feeling like one big community, and also the place where major decisions can be made.
- Profanity is allowed, but reign it in as much as possible. Most of all, respect requests from other guild members to stop using profanity.